Wednesday 21 July 2010

NATION'S FAVOURITE SOAPSTARS BACK BID! ENGLAND REJOICES!!

HOT NEWS! That's right! The biggest names from everyone’s favourite SOAP SHOW have announced their support of England's bid to host the World Cup! The stars were at Keepmoat Stadium in Doncaster to raise money for Hallam FM's Cash for Kids campaign. Nick Pickard, who plays that Tony fella from that place, you know, Tony! TONY!, captained the Hollyoaks team who took on a Hallam FM allstars team, beating them 3-2.

Dreamboat Nick said: "I remember when the European Championship was here, it was great for the whole country as everyone got involved and all the towns were full of football fans from around the world. If we could get the World Cup here that would be fantastic." IT WOULD BE, NICK! IT WOULD BE!



Jay Khan, who played that bloke who was brothers with that other bloke one time or something or other, anyway appaz he’s a life long Sheffield United fan and he said some words as well. LET’S LISTEN: "Sheffield's sports facilities are amazing. There is Ponds Forge and the rest of the Sheffield International Venues. I go to Don Valley Stadium to train in the gym and it's one of the best centres in the country. So Sheffield would be the perfect place to host the World Cup, I'd definitely recommend it." I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD ON THAT!



The dude who plays Jack from The Dog Pub was there too. He played for Sheffield Wednesday 41 years ago. He now lives in Grenoside (dunno where that is like) and proper wants his former club to be successful in hosting World Cup matches. Jimmy, or Jack or whatever he calls himself said: "I first came to Sheffield as a 15-year-old boy to play for Sheffield Wednesday. After going into drama, I was drawn back to Sheffield and have lived here for the last 35 years. Although I was born and raised in Glasgow I regard Sheffield as my home now. I love the city and I've seen it change through the decades."



"I support England when they play and me and my family are really passionate about the game. I get so much enjoyment out of watching football, whether it's Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, or the Hollyoaks boys. I was only a school child in Glasgow during the '66 World Cup but I remember even up there the atmosphere was fantastic having the World Cup so close to home. It would be the most amazing thing if we could get the 2018 World Cup."

HOT DAMN, WE CAN’T FAIL NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment